Annons:
Tag:Β treats
Read 70 times
Tismon
2021-12-06 17:46

Dog Chews?

I have a labrador. Having a lab means having a dog who is crazy about food and will try to swallow stuff without even chewing. This means that normal hide-bones won't last very long, 10 minutes max. The only good ones I know of is called Barkoo filled Bones. Do you know of other chews that you could recommend?

Correlation does not equal causation.

Host of Dogs and Art Savvity

• Edited by Tismon 2021-12-06 17:58
Annons:
Maleficum
2021-12-09 23:03

Our lab didn't like rawhide bones so they lasted forever πŸ˜†. She mostly got carrots to chew on. But I know exactly how it feels giving something that is gone in like 3 seconds even if everyone says it will last for a long time.

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Tismon
2021-12-09 23:21

#1: Oh I'm relieved I'm not the only one who have had this problem! I'm not alone hahaha. Then you also know the struggle 🐢

Maleficum
2021-12-09 23:34

#2: It's much easier now with the poodle! She actually take some time chewing things! πŸ˜‰ Although she aren't that keen on rawhide bones either but loves chicken throats and pieces of pig ears.

Tismon
2021-12-09 23:50

#3: A poodle! 😍 is it a large poodle, the miniature or the one in-between?

She seems so gentle if she can chew chicken troats slowly, a lot of dogs I know won't let them last more than 15 minutes at least! It seems like you have a liking to dogs who isn't very interested in raw-hide bones haha πŸ˜‹

Maleficum
2021-12-10 00:24

#4: She is a medium poodle, 37cm and only 6,5kg so a bit smaller than our lab (even if our lab was small for a lab and only weight 22-24kg).

Somehow I always end up with "weird" animals πŸ˜‰

Tismon
2021-12-10 00:36

#5: I see! So you cut her youself or at the saloon? Do you just cut her fur normally or do you cut it like a "typical" poodle?

That is a really small lab! But females are also smaller. Is she an american labrador (working labrador)? Or an english labrador (show lab)?

Well weird animals are great! So I understand πŸ˜‰

Annons:
Maleficum
2021-12-10 01:37
Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 2
Preview of image 2 of 2

#6: I cut her myself :) Mostly just a sports cut (because my parents don't want the classic poodle cut and they are lousy at brushing so I have said that she only get to have long fur if they brush πŸ˜‚)

A picture of her after I cut her last. Don't trim the body too often but do the nose, ears and sanitize area (between toes and rump) more often. Dad always want me to save a little more fur on her head and tail.

I think she was a cross. She came from the dog school in SollefteΓ₯ (we started out as fosterer) and was bred to be a guide dog or narcotic sniffer dog but she was to unfocused and happy so we got to buy her after she failed the test. She wasn't as bulky as the show lab but not as long legged and slim as a working lab.

A picture of Gletta standing "pretty".

Tismon
2021-12-10 13:39

#7: such pretty dogs! I understand why you would cut her like that, if they don't brush her it's for the best. If I remember correctly a poodle sheds their fur inside their coat so it's important to brush them for that reason?

I see! My own boy is also, prooably, a mix. Maybe a show lab I am not sure. He is pretty thinn bit hw isn't as thin as a working lab. But he really has the personality and manners of a show lab so I would propably put him in that category :)

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β