Tagdogs-and-holidays
Read 67 times
Tismon
2021-12-06, 17:38

Soon a happy new year!

Next month is the start of 2022! Do you have any new years resolutions? Have you started planning on how to Help your poor pooches? I have the luck of having a dog who isn't scared of fireworks.

Buying adaptil could sometimes Help. Having them in a basement, or somewhere isolated from the noise is the best suggestion I can think of. Maybe you know someone who lives far away in the middle of nowhere who can look after them?

I've also heard of people desensitizing their dogs by playing recordings of fireworks and gradually make the volume louder. Has anyone tried it and did it work?

Correlation does not equal causation.

Host of Dogs and Art Savvity

• Edited by Tismon 2022-02-03, 15:47
Niklas
2021-12-08, 16:40

How about playing loud music to drown out the worst highs of the firework-bangs, would that work? Or putting a pair of noise-cancelling headphones over the dog's ears (if they fit)?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tismon
2021-12-08, 19:38

#1: I had forgotten about noise-cancellation! Not sure if they fit dogs but there should definitely be noise-canceling headset specifically made for dogs who are sensitive to sound or scared of certain sounds!

• Edited by Tismon 2021-12-08, 20:19
Maleficum
2021-12-09, 23:13

Our first dog loved fireworks! A bit dangerous when a firework whizzed by and she wanted to chase it…

I don't think our dog we have now are afraid. We will be going to our summerhouse (as usual) and we only have one neighbour (that is also a relative) who shoots fireworks there.
First year (two years ago) we all was so tired so we went to bed early and the dog slept though it. Last year me and mum was ready and we sat in the sofa with the dog and I fed her chicken during the fireworks (easy to make it a training session when you know when it will start). And our new house have good isolations so there are no loud sounds (you mostly see the flashes through the windows.
Hopefully this year will be good to!

I'm more worried about my new rabbits (they are rescues and was a bit traumatized when I got them) but hopefully they will do well (my former rabbit was blind and he didn't care).

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Tismon
2021-12-09, 23:27

#3: Oh god, I would be terrified if my dog tried to chase a firework. It must have been scary!

Yeah it's good to have dogs who isn't scared of fireworsk, you're lucky both of them weren't. My first dog was super scared of them, he trembled and hid inside of out bathtube in the basement. It was really terrible :(

Hopefully your cute new bunnys won't be bothered, I atleast hope so!

Maleficum
2021-12-09, 23:42

#4: It was a bit scary when she wanted to chase them! But so much better than if she would have been terrified!

Tismon
2021-12-09, 23:55

#5: That is true, 100% agree! Just keep her away from the fireworks and all is fine :) You can't really say the same about dogs who are scared of fireworks

Maleficum
2021-12-10, 00:07

#6: Exactly!

Scroll to top