Annons:
Read 180 times
Tismon
TismonΒ Written by the community host or a moderator
2021-12-06 01:58

Introductions

Welcome to Dogs!
We are very interested to get to know you and your lovely puppers! Please write something about you and your dog(s). How old is the dog(s)? Their name(s)? Gender(s)? Their personality/ies? What made you want to have a dog/dogs?

If you don't have a dog please introduce yourself and tell us why dogs interests you!

Correlation does not equal causation.

Host of Dogs and Art Savvity

• Edited by Tismon 2021-12-09 23:29
Annons:
Niklas
2021-12-08 16:26

I don’t have a dog. My daughter and my mother do. My mother's dog is a rescue dog from Ireland. An 8-year-old grey and white Shih Tzu named Angel. My daughter's dog is a 4-year-old pitch-black German Spitz named Myra (Swedish for ant).

Angel has the personality of Ior in Winnie the Pooh. Myra is more of a Tigger (also Pooh) kind of character. πŸ˜ƒ

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tismon
2021-12-08 19:33

#1: Aww Pitz dogs are so pretty and shih zu look so cute! Both of them are so fluffy! I imagine Myra being very bouncy and energic then? πŸ™‚

Niklas
2021-12-08 20:02

#2: You are right, she is very energetic and full of appetite for life. She almost constantly begs for pats, hugs, and cuddle. She loves snow and looks like an otter when she runs, dives, and swims around in it. πŸ™‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tismon
2021-12-08 21:01

#3: I am a bit jealous! Though I love my own dog so very very much, it wouldn't hurt if he begged for pats, hugs and cuddles hehe. It must be great to have a cozy lapdog in the family! Is Angel cuddly?

JayCricket
2021-12-09 23:32

Hello.
I'm obviously RAotNB from iFokus. πŸ˜‰

I don't have a dog, but love animals and relatives have had dogs of different breeds (one had a cockerspaniel and another had a Golden retriever, just to name a few) since before I can remember.

I'm not sure just what is it about dogs, I think it's something about their eyes that makes your heart melt. πŸ₯°

"We're All Mad Here"
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Tismon
2021-12-09 23:43

#5: Hello Billy! Welcome to Dogs, I'm happy to see you here :)

That's true! I think it's called puppy eyes for a reason πŸ₯°πŸ˜ As you already know you don't have to own a dog here, we are all just a bunch of people appreciating dogs and talking about dogs. I hope you will enjoy our community, Dogs is pretty new, it was only launched, I think yesterday? Golden retrievers and cockerspaniels are really beautiful breeds and they are also so friendly and fun to hang around. My best friend has a Golden retriever who plays a lot with my own dog. The person who owns the horse I take care of has a cockerspaniel!

Annons:
JayCricket
2021-12-10 00:05

#6: Thank you. I'm happy to be here as well. 😁
Didn't know about Savvity until I saw your other thread about the bug regarding notification cards.
So naturally had to register here as well.
But chose my NS gaming name because it fits me better.

Oh that is so?
Yes, I saw you were looking for moderators but I didn't realize this site was brand new. πŸ˜…
Well, I'm positive I will enjoy my time here.
Have a good feeling about it, and my gut feeling is usually to be trusted. 😁

Yeah, that must be it. πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

Those are very nice breeds indeed.
My kid brother and his fiancΓ©e has a GR since a few years ago.
Noticed too that they're really fun to be around.

Would've loved to have a dog, but already have a cat and I'm about to start a new job so welcoming one into our home wouldn't be a good idea.
But I'm content to hang around communities like this with other dog lovers, and get to "know" other breeds I'm not as familiar with. 😊

"We're All Mad Here"

Tismon
2021-12-10 00:05

I just realized I haven't introduced myself or my dogs haha!

Tismon is the name of both the dogs I had. Tyson and Bismo. Unfortunally Tyson passed away 2018. He was 12 years old when he passed, a beautiful jack russell boy.

My dog I have left is Bismo, a male dog also. He is 4 years old.

Tyson was very independant and unique. He came from an abusive household and we saved him when he was 6 years old. He also saved me - supported me during very tough times. He was my soul mate, still is. Such a darling dog, made funny noises and loved to curl under blankets. He was also a prankster. He used to come and sit next to you, fart, and then run out of the room. Haha!

Bismo was only 1 year old (If i remember correctcly?) when Tyson passed away. Bismo is a very high energy dog who can be compared to a duracell bunny - always in movement and up to playing. He is the opposite of Tyson, very depandent and childish (Tyson was the mature one) but very charming with his puppy-esque nature and he can steal your heart with those big brown eyes.

IMG_20170621_175717_1.jpg

• Edited by Tismon 2021-12-10 00:20
Tismon
2021-12-10 00:13

#7: Yaaay!
Yeah I didn't know abot Savvity either until I saw Niklas' post about it somewhere on Ifokus. JayCricket is very cool name so good choice!

Hahaha yeah, I've been busy writing articles and making threads. I think you have to have atleast 20 threads before you can launch the page. Plus a header and welcome message plus about text. It was created a while ago, don't really know when because I didn't create it. Just took over it :)

Yes indeed 😍

Yes, I can confirm after hanging with my friends GR. He wakes you up in the middle of the night only to be pet and wants to be cuddled and pet all the time. Really attention seeking and a darling dogo!

I see! Well having a dog is a big commitment and not everyone wants to or can. Sometimes being a dog sitter is good enough. Sometimes you cant/don't want to have a dog until you are better prepared for it. So it's reallly no rush, cats are amazing creatures as well! There is a Cat Savvity if you're interested: https://cats.savvity.net/

Savvity is a network of interest centered communities
  • Edited by Tismon 2021-12-10 00:16
JayCricket
2021-12-10 00:19

#8: interesting to know what made you chose your nickname.😊
Love the reason behind it. Gives it more meaning, you know? πŸ’•

Sorry to hear about Tyson, though.😿
Our furry family members leaving us is the worst thing to ever happen, but before that having them in our lives are a blessing. πŸ’—
He sure was a beautiful dog.
And, haha, had quite the personality! I'm sure I would've loved him. πŸ˜„

Bismo sounds wonderful too. πŸ₯°

"We're All Mad Here"

JayCricket
2021-12-10 00:32

#9: yeah, is because I like the name Jay, and had watched Once Upon A Time, so thought of the character Jiminy Cricket, hence JayCricket. πŸ™‚

Well, glad that you did. 😁

Yeah, I don't have time required for a dog, so it wouldn't be right.
His/her wellbeing matter most, so.
Maybe in the future after I get my driving license and gotten used to current changes in my life things will change, but I'm in no rush.
Plus, I'm not sure my furry darling would like the "competition".

Will take a look around at cats Savvity too and see what I think. 😊

"We're All Mad Here"

Tismon
2021-12-10 00:57

#10 & #11: Aww makes me happy haha. Yeah, I think it can be beautiful to have some reason or meaning behind your nick. I mean you also have a great nickname based on a show you like :)

Thank you 🧑Yes, it's very sad. I was so depressed I had trouble eating for months but now when I look back on it, I wouldn't have it any other way. If we didn't save him, he would have been euthanized 😒So he got 6 more years and 6 more happier years. The memories we made together and our previous bound make up for the pain, I am happy to even have had the chance of having such a great dog in my life. Yes he was really wonderful πŸ’œ And so is little Bismo πŸ’™ (though "little" in soul and not in size, he is 30kg today haha)

Understandable! I don't have a job so I have all the time in the world for a dog, I would propably do the same if I got a job and didn't have a dog. If I get a job today I would look for a dog sitter, doggy daycare or something like that, I don't think it's fair to leave your dog alone. Totally understadable! Exactly, getting a beloved family member isn't a competition so it's good that you're not rushing anything. Also, I get your cat. A dog might get all the treats! Better to not have any competition haha πŸ˜‚ My own cat likes dogs but she hates cats

Sure, hope you find any fun threads!

• Edited by Tismon 2021-12-10 01:14
JayCricket
2021-12-10 01:18

#12: indeed. 😁

I know what you mean.
It's great that you got 6 years together. πŸ’—

Well, those darlings are always little no matter how big they get, no?😹

That's actually a bit funny, because my next job is at a doggy daycare.
Was nice working at the mall, but think this'll be a welcome change.
And working at the mall in the middle of a pandemic wasn't much fun tbh.

Yes, and besides the question about having time required, it's also an economic question.
I know I can afford my cat and if, God forbid, she gets sick and need medical attention I have savings just for that scenario.
But would I have that for a dog?
Not sure, and I'm not leaving that to chance. No way.

Yeah, my cat is more of a loner, but very territorial so want all of my attention. 😸

"We're All Mad Here"

Annons:
Maleficum
2021-12-10 01:21
Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 3
Preview of image 2 of 3
Preview of image 3 of 3

Our first dog was a Labrador named Gletta. She was born 2004 at the SollefteΓ₯ dog school in Sweden and we got her as a foster dog an she was supposed to be a guide dog or narcotic dog. She was away for the tests for only two weeks before we got her back (and bought her) because she was to unfocused and to happy in everyone and everything!
We usually called her ADHD child ❀ and in the beginning there were many times we just stood and cried during the walks because she was everywhere and didn't listen to anything but she grew up being a pretty awesome dog in the end (only took like 7-8 years before she grew up)! She was not a typical lab because she didn't care for swimming or retrieving things (she thought it was the most boring game in the world).
She was very self reliant and more like a cat than a dog and didn't like to much cuddling.
She died 2019 when she was 14 years and 9 month old (had back problems).

"My" second dog (Fjant) was actually my friends dog but after she got children he began living with me permanently (I've known him since he was a puppy and had doggy sat him a lots of times beforehand) around 2014 (when he was 11 years old). He was a Chinese crested/Poodle mix and had PTSD and separation anxiety. He loved Gletta and to her dismay always tried to sneak in to her bed to lie beside her (she only allowed it if you but a blanket over her so he could lie directly in contact with her). And on walks if another male dog dared to say hello to Gletta he went ballistic (even if he could have greeted the dog without problems just beforehand).
He was a cuddler!
He died 2017 when he was a bit over 13 years old (got heart trouble and kidney failure).

Our current dog (born 2019) is a medium poodle named Mira. She looked like a princess when she was a puppy but was more like a piranha! And like her dad she loves hugs and cuddles! She is a bit careful and in the beginning you could go for walks with her because she found them scary and she ended up just standing an looking at everything or wanting to run home! She prefers to take walks with more than one person. Loves to run and is a master of hide and seek and loves to do nose-work (even if we haven't done any "proper" nose-work training yet with different smells, only using her toys or treats or persons). Every morning she lies in dads lap in front of the TV for a few hours before she thinks it's time to go for a walk (she can go out to pee earlier but always turn right back home for cuddles).

(Before Mira when Gletta still lived I did have another dog for a few weeks as a test, because his owner was really allergic to him and even ended up in the hospital because of it, but he began attacking my blind rabbit unprovoked and he also attacked Gletta and my aunts dog that I used to dog sit whenever they met so he ended up moving to another home without any other animals).

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

JayCricket
2021-12-10 01:40

#14: oh, they're adorable. 😍

Already mentioned it on ifokus, I believe, but I love that your dog was named after the troll child Fjant. 😎

"We're All Mad Here"

Maleficum
2021-12-10 01:47

#15: I think it's been mention a few times there ;) And it's really cute! (He was actually named Oscar by the breeder but Fjant suited him so much better!)

And thank you! Of course I think they are adorable too ;) But I'm a bit biased.

And the best thing is that Mira is almost the same size as Fjant so she have inherited most of his dog coats and pyjamas that I made him.

JayCricket
2021-12-10 01:54

#16: yeah, though I meant that I think I've already said that I love it, but wanted to mention it again for the obvious reason. πŸ˜‰

Oscar is a nice name I guess, but I like yours better πŸ‘Œ

Yes, but when it's one's own furry darlings that are the topic it's only natural.😊

Practical that she could inherit his old things as well.

"We're All Mad Here"

Tismon
2021-12-10 13:13

#13: Haha that's true! Your pet babies will remain babies forever. Though I could add, that his personality is very "baby", so that just adds to it. He acts like a little puppy 🀩

Oh that really sounds like a fun place to work at! Is it a big doggy daycare or a smaller on? How many dogs are there? I can imagine that you won't have anything to do at a mall during a pandemic so understandable.

That is very true! Unfortunally, vet care is so very expensive! So you have to budget in a good insurance. And then there might be costs that you haven't factored in like lifelong diseases or as in my case, allergies. I give my dog an injection every month to reduce his suffering. Allergy is itchy and painful, especially when you're very allergic to pollen and mites! It's great to have savings so maybe someday in the future. The positive thing about working at a doggy daycare is that you can brong your dog to work, which isn't possible in many other jobs πŸ‘

Tismon
2021-12-10 13:32

#14: Gletta sounds a bit like my boy! Though he enjoys retrieving and swimming like a typical lab, he isn't very cuddly. But he isn't independent as he more than often wants your attention to play and do stuff. He bops you and he brings his toys and gives you it haha. "Please throw" he'd say if he could speak human. πŸ˜‚ Or he also would ask to play tug of war.

Poor Fjant. I imagine he felt safe with you still? Separation anxiety and PTSD are such horrible conditions, it's heart wrenching to know and see how much a fur baby suffers. Btw, I love how Fjant looks in that picture, his facial expression. It looks like he is yelling something really dramatic!

Mira really looks like a princess, so cute! She seems like a really gentle soul. Please give her som pets and hugs from everyone in this community, she is so adorable!

JayCricket
2021-12-10 13:54

#18: He sounds wonderful. πŸ₯°

I think it's somethwhere in the middle.
Depends on what you think is a small daycare.
They have about 20 dogs on average, and most are there long-term.
That is one of the pros of such daycares, yes. To be able to also bring your own dog. 😊
Exactly. Most of 2020 we had to stay at home.
So this will be a very welcome change. 😊

Yes, unfortunately it is expensive, and like you said, there might be other additional costs to factor in, and while I know my family would Help out if it was truly necessary, I like my independence.
I also dislike impulsiveness.
I.e, I contemplated getting a driver's licence for about 2 years before I actually began looking for a school with good feedback.

"We're All Mad Here"

Annons:
Tismon
2021-12-11 23:51

#20: Yes he really is 😊

Ohh I see! Isn't it tough with so many dogs? I mean you don't get much time for each individual dog? Or maybe it's a big staff? How do you feel about?

Yeah well very understandale. It's not fun to be depending on someone else. That is actually great! I look up to people who are not impulsive, it's admireable. I have ADHD/ADD so… impulses are hard for me.

When it comes to drivers license you made a good call. I ended up on a really crappy school and wasted many thousands and many moths to no avail before I ended up changing school.

JayCricket
2021-12-12 01:42

#21: I'm starting there next week, so we'll have to see what I think about it then.
Have only met 2 of the staff as of yet besides the boss, but there are more.
Well, some of the dogs are there part-time, so won't be that many at the same time.

Yes, exactly.
I got diagnosed back in -08 with autism so I think I understand what you mean.
Which is why I appreciate my driving instructor even more, because she has competence (degree) and personal experience, so it feels like I can communicate so well with her.

Yeah, there is a school much closer to where I live, but had read/heard both positive and negative stuff about it so thought the cons outweighed the pros.
Very satisfied with my choice. 😊

"We're All Mad Here"

Tismon
2021-12-12 02:05

#22: Exciting, are you looking forward to it? PLease update us of how it goes! :) Well if you are more than 3 people with 20 dogs, that's fine. But 3 or less would be hard.

I see! Really glad that you've found one who is competent. The person I had only cared about making money and didn't have time to drive more than once a month which is very bad, he told me to drive home with my parents instead, which was not a great idea. I was taught the wrong things and fear mongered at home so it took 3 years for me to take my drivers license because of that. I could propably have taken it in a year like everyone else but everything was so dysfunctional until I found a good school πŸ˜…

Nice!

JayCricket
2021-12-12 02:15

#23: yeah, I am looking forward to it and I'll keep you guys updated. 😊

Oh, that sounds awful. Like, horrid. 😒
Good that you found yourself a better school eventually. πŸ‘

Yeah, on average I have 1 driving lesson per week, but I can book more or fewer if I want to.
Like, I set the pace I need. 😊

"We're All Mad Here"

Tismon
2021-12-12 03:53

#24: awesome! 🐢

Yes with a very talkactive and flaky (in-a-good-way) teacher who had an understanding of my anxiety 😊

I think I had between 1-3 lessons per week but mostly it was propably 1. I recommend an app called iKΓΆrkort for the theory, it cost a bit but it helped me

JayCricket
2021-12-12 11:03

#25: sounds great. 😊

ah, I already have an app, elevcentralen, which I got from the school when I registered. 😊
But good tip. πŸ‘

"We're All Mad Here"

Niklas
2021-12-15 17:10

#4: Angel can’t be described as cuddly. She likes being patted but she does nothing to cuddle back. Her personality is quite special. She is clumsy and awkward. When you try to lift her up she just lay down on the floor like a puddle of water. Does nothing to Help you lift her up. Also, she has just one facial expression. Or rather a single lack of facial expression. πŸ™‚ In a room full of people, she sometimes lay down behind an armchair or sofa, facing a wall. She doesn’t fancy walks. My mother used to have to carry her back home. Now she has a stroller to push her in.

All that said, she is the easiest and most content dog I’ve ever met. Everyone who meet her, likes her. Never barks, not even if a stranger comes into the house. Useless watchdog. πŸ˜‚

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Emo
2021-12-16 05:21

If you want a watchdog buy a rottweiler.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Maleficum
2021-12-16 10:50

#28: Rottweilers are one of my dream breeds (have been for many many years) but sadly they wouldn't fit in my life right now and maybe never will :(

JayCricket
2021-12-17 02:09

#29: yeah, have a soft spot for rottweilers myself. 😊
Used to take one out for walks a few years ago.

"We're All Mad Here"

Maleficum
2021-12-17 11:17

#30: Gletta had two Rottweiler friends, one more of the show kind and one (neighbour to my grandparents) of the sport kind that was a search and rescue dog!

JayCricket
2021-12-17 13:31

#31: nice. 😁

"We're All Mad Here"

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β